Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing # 8

There are many benefits to RSS. I set up a Google Reader account because I already have a Google account. I like that RSS can save you lots of time going through information. I set up Houston news and weather on mine. This way if there is going to be a change in weather or traffic it will be sent to my account. I will not have to go looking for it or be surprised when it happens. It could be used for a few different things in schools. If I wanted to keep up with the latest information in technology, new books, new authors, or new award winners this would be a great way to have the information sent directly to me. If you had a grade learning about the election this would be a great way to keep up to date information for your students. You can also use popcutlture things such as sports and entertainment to get your students involved in the technology. In the library you could set up literacy circles using a blog. The students could set up an account like RSS and add the blog. Then when people add information to it they would know.

No comments: