Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #15

After reading about Library2.0 it tells me that in my field I am going to have to always be up to date with the lastest trends in technology. I think it is great the way the library is changing. Our world is changing and so are our students. If we want to keep out students interested in the library we are going to have to have a library that they can relate to. Kids are becoming more and more technologically advanced everyday. Coming into a library and using an automation system will be no big deal to them. Most of them alreay have blogs or are familiar with blogs, tagging, google, flikr and many of the other things we have been discussing. One of the articles did make the point though that libraries are people. I think it is alwasy important to remember that no matter how much technology takes over in our lifes we have to continue to keep human interaction a part of everything we do.

No comments: