Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thing #2

Be Proactive
This is the habit that is easiest for me. I am not one to wait for other people to fix my problems. I understand that when I have a problem I have to start looking for a solution. I am also a great believer in the fact that we affect the situations we are in. If you are hanging around people that are negative you are going to become a negative person. So if I want to be positive and I want to be proactive those are the people I need to be around.

Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
This is the hardest on for me. I am very quick to want someone to understand my point of view before I take the time to understand theirs. When someones opinion is different than mine I am very bad about trying to explain why I am right rather than trying to understand their point.

No comments: